Monday, June 29, 2009

Cache Valley, Utah - MS Bike Ride 2009 - Biking

To all of my sponsors:

I just wanted to thank you all one more time for supporting my MS Bike Ride this year. Even though the economy made it a difficult year for fund raising, I had enough generous people to support my ride and help me reach my goal. I was able to raise just over $1,000 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Thanks so much to the first time sponsors, people that have donated every year, old friends I haven't seen since high school, and even people that were riding in the event themselves! I really appreciate your willingness to help me support a great cause.

The ride was June 27-28 and I had an awesome time. We've had a lot of rainy weekends lately, but the MS Ride weather was absolutely perfect (aside from some killer headwinds up Blacksmith Fork Canyon!) I completed the full 175 mile course through Cache Valley in Northern Utah. The route took us through northern Utah into southern Idaho through small farming towns on peaceful back country roads, then south of Logan up Blacksmith Fork Canyon and around the south end of the valley. Along the way I had 3,000 other riders and a ton of awesome volunteers to keep me company, along with Rob and Brandon who did the ride with me this year.

3,000 riders participated in the event and we raised over 1.5 million dollars to fight multiple sclerosis. The MS Bike ride is the largest biking event in Utah and is also the state's largest fund raiser. A lot of people volunteer their time and resources to make this event happen and they do an amazing job each year.

Thanks again!

Riding in Cache Valley

Riding in Cache Valley

The start line at Logan fairgrounds

Lunch break

Rob, me, Brandon - the finish line