Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cache Valley, Utah - MS Bike Ride 2008 - Biking

This past weekend was the MS Bike Ride in Cache Valley. Thanks to my family and friends I exceeded my fund raising goal and raised a total of $1,170! I'm lucky to know such awesome people!

The weather was perfect and by starting at 7.00am we were able to complete a lot of miles before it got too hot. Rob and I both completed the full 175 mile course through Cache Valley in Northern Utah. The ride took us along back country roads through small farming communities north into Idaho and then south of Logan up Blacksmith Fork Canyon and around the southern portion of Cache Valley. The scenery was amazing and the miles flew by .. except at the end .. those seemed like some long miles!

3,000 riders participated in the event and we raised over 1.7 million dollars to fight multiple sclerosis. The MS Bike ride is the largest biking event in Utah and is also the state's largest fund raiser. The volunteers and support are absolutely incredible!! They make sure all riders are well fed and watered all weekend. You couldn't find a nicer and more supportive group of people anywhere.


the starting line

me at Logan Fairgrounds with my new toy :)

rest stop with a sea of bikes

so far so good

Rob in Blacksmith Fork Canyon

end of the ride